Daniel Parejo Ballesteros
Daniel Parejo, who joined Garrigues in 1997, works at the firm’s Madrid office. He has extensive experience in corporate and commercial law and specializes in transactions.
His areas of professional practice cover a broad spectrum of corporate and contractual matters with particular focus on M&A and contracts as well as corporate governance and the securities market, including advice on M&A transactions involving listed and unlisted companies, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, advice to private equity firms in LBO and MBO transactions, advice on matters related to the securities market and corporate governance, ongoing advice on contractual matters (distribution agreements, agency, retail, general terms and conditions, consumer issues, etc.).
He has also delivered various seminars on the legal aspects of the sale and purchase of companies, joint ventures and international contracts at the Centro de Estudios Garrigues and the Asociación para el Progreso de la Dirección.
Furthermore, he regularly contributes to academic publications in the main specialist journals.
Degree in Law (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, 1994).
LLM University College London (University of London, 1996).
Doctorate courses (Universidad Complutense Madrid, 2000).
Visiting Scholar, Harvard Law School (Harvard University 2005).
• “Is there an obligation to call a shareholders’ meeting at a company when a statutory ground for winding-up exists as a result of losses, in circumstances where the company is subject to an insolvency proceeding?” Revista Derecho de Sociedades, 38/2012. (*)
• “Clauses for the award of pledged collateral: validity of the ‘pacto marciano’” Revista Derecho de Sociedades, 32/2009. (*)
• “Legal framework for business control transactions”, in “The role of public institutions in national and transnational corporate control transactions”, Fundación de Estudios Financieros, 2008. (*)
• “The Merger”, in “Corporate Restructuring”, various authors. Marcial Pons-Garrigues, 2008. (*)
• “Transformation, merger and spin-off of listed companies”, in “Listed Companies”, various authors. Marcial Pons-Garrigues, 2006. (*)
• “Cross Border Conflicts solved by domestic law”, in “The Guide to Mergers and Acquisitions 2005”, (2005) International Financial Law Review, coauthor.
• “Minority Shareholders’ rights (Report from Spain)”, (2005) 2 “European Company Lawyer”, coauthor.
• “Legislative measures for a more flexible entrepreneurial activity in Spain: the new Enterprise Private Limited Liability Company”, (2004) 4 “European Company Lawyer”, coauthor.
• “Cross Border Mergers: A Spanish perspective”, (2004), September “Corporate Counsel”, coauthor.
• Articles in Expansión
(*) originally published in Spanish