- About Garrigues
- Practice Areas
Show more Practice Areas
Areas and industries
Show more Locations
- Team Show more Team
- Garrigues news room
- Calendar of events
- Work with us Show more Work with us
Cláudia Saavedra Pinto is a Senior Associate in the department of Public, Energy and Environmental Law of Garrigues Portugal.
She works mainly in the areas of Administrative and Constitutional Law, providing legal advice in matters of administrative agreements (concessions), public procurement, public-private partnerships (road, port and water sectors) and regulatory advice (energy and waste sectors).
Throughout her professional career she has worked with public entities (government, central administration, public institutions and public companies) and private undertakings, in particular public service and infrastructure concession-holders. She also has vast experience in legislative proceedings and judicial contentious-administrative and tax proceedings.
Before joining Garrigues, Cláudia Saavedra Pinto was a Lawyer at Lino Torgal & Associados (2015-2017) and at PLMJ – A.M. Pereira, Sáragga Leal, Oliveira Martins, Júdice & Associados (2006-2011).
She was also a Lecturer at the Law Faculty of the Universidade de Coimbra, in subjects such as Constitutional Law, Administrative Law III, Administration Agreements, Tax Law and International Public Law (2008-2016); and Cabinet Advisor for the Minister for Economic Affairs (2011-2013) and the Minister for State and Foreign Affairs (2013-2014).
She has taken part, as lecturer and speaker, in Master’s and post-graduate courses and conferences, organized by bodies such as the Law Faculty of the Universidade Nova de Lisboa and the Center for Commercial Arbitration, with a special focus on matters of European Union law and international investment arbitration.
Member of the APA – Associação Portuguesa de Arbitragem.
Member of the Portuguese Bar Association.
Law Degree from the Law Faculty of the Universidade Coimbra (2006).
Post-graduate studies in Public Procurement Law from the Law Faculty of the Universidade de Lisboa (2008).
Master’s in Administrative Law, Legal-Political Science, from the Law Faculty of the Universidade de Coimbra (2011).
LLM (Public Law) from the LSE - The London School of Economics and Political Science (2015).
Executive Education Course - Trade Policy (EU Trade Law, WTO and EU’s Trade), from the College of Europe, Bruges (2017).
Doctorate in progress, in the area of Public Law, at the Law Faculty of the Universidade de Coimbra.
- ‘The ‘narrow’ meaning of the Legitimate Expectations principle in State Aid Law versus the Foreign Investor’s (legitimate) Expectations: A hopeless clash or an opportunity for convergence?’, in EStAL - European State Aid Law Quarterly, 15 (2016), Lexxion, Berlin/Brussels, nº 2, pp. 270-285.
- ‘Still with the Factum Principis... reflection on the meaning of this feature within the scope of administrative agreements’, in Estudos em Homenagem ao Dr. Rui Chancerelle de Machete, Almedina, Coimbra, 2015, pp. 211-231.
- Factum Principis in Administrative Agreements, Reflection on the Feature of Factum Principis and the Protection of the Co-Contracting Party of the Administration in the event of the Termination of the Administrative Agreement, Coleção Monografias, Almedina, Coimbra, 2012.
- ‘The suspension and interruption of the period for opposing administrative acts: is it worth the risk?’, co-authored with Tiago Duarte, in Estudos em Homenagem ao Professor Doutor Paulo de Pitta e Cunha, vol. III, Almedina, Coimbra, 2010, pp. 91-126.
- ‘The Phenomenon of Tax Avoidance and Anti-Abuse Measure’, co-authored with Rogério Fernandes Ferreira, in Revista de Diritto e Pratica Tributaria Internazionale, Vol VII, nº 3, Set/Dez CEDAM - Milan.
- ‘Emerging litigation in the area of collegiate bodies, in annotations to the Ruling of the TCA Sul Administrative Court dated 11.14.2007, P. 2879/07’, in Cadernos de Justiça Administrativa, nº 79, 2010, pp. 46-61.
- Future Credits, Securitization and Tax Regime, co-authored with Diogo José Paredes Leite de Campos, Almedina, Coimbra 2007.