Cassius Vinicius de Carvalho
Cassius is the partner in charge of Garrigues Consultores Tributários, a subsidiary of the Garrigues group in Brazil providing tax consultancy services.
Prior to his current roles and responsibilities, Cassius worked for twenty years at PwC, the last seven of which he was a partner.
Cassius is specialized in corporate and international taxation, as well as in transfer pricing (local documentation, management, planning, alignment of Brazilian and international rules and dispute resolution support).
Over his career, Cassius has worked on tax projects involving the establishment, maintenance, development and business model design of entities and projects in a wide range of sectors in Brazil, while also advising Brazilian entities investing abroad and foreign entities investing in the country. Cassius also has great expertise in analysis, management and planning associated with multivariate inbound and outbound transactions involving goods, services, rights and interests, as well as with regards to the ordinary application of the local tax legislation in Brazil.
Cassius holds bachelor Degrees in Accounting and Law, with post-graduate Degrees in Tax Law from PUC/SP and in Corporate Law and Tax law from EDESP/FGV. Cassius is also enrolled on a Master's Program in Taxation at EDESP / FGV. During his professional career, Cassius has attended several leadership and management courses and programs in the most prestigious business schools around the world.
He is a member of the Brazilian Bar Association, the International Bar Association and a registered accountant in Brazil.
He has lectured at Escola de Direito de São Paulo, da Fundação Getúlio Vargas (EDESP/FGV). Cassius is also a regular speaker at national and international seminars and conferences organized by the Firm and various specialist centers and associations.
Mentions in the “International Tax Review” as one of Brazil’s leading tax advisors in the area of transfer pricing.
Member and former President of one of the São Paulo Rotary Clubs.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation, Escola de Direito de São Paulo, Fundação Getúlio Vargas (2016 – 2018).
- Executive Management Program, INSEAD (2015).
- Post Graduate Degree in Corporate Law, Escola de Direito de São Paulo, Fundação Getúlio Vargas (2014).
- Post Graduate Degree in Tax Law, Escola de Direito de São Paulo, Fundação Getúlio Vargas (2012).
- Post Graduate Degree in Tax Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (2003).
- Law Degree, from Faculdade de Direito da Universidade Paulista (2001).
- Accounting Degree, Faculdade de Ciências Econômicas da Fundação Escola de Comércio Alvares Penteado (1996).
- Notes on international taxation of Income. Tributação Internacional e dos Mercados Financeiro e de Capitais. 01ed.São Paulo: Quartier Latin, 2005, v.p.-.
- Transfer Pricing: case study. Preços de transferência: estudo de caso. In: Eurico Marcos Diniz de Santi; Fernando Aurélio Zilveti. (Org.). Direito Tributário: Tributação Empresarial. 01ed.São Paulo: Saraiva, 2009, v.02,p.-.
- Sovereignty and globalization. In: Eurico Marcos Diniz de Santi; Fernando Aurélio Zilveti; Roberto Quiroga Mosquera. (Org.). Direito Tributário: Tributação Internacional. 01ed.São Paulo: Saraiva, 2007, v.01,p.-.
- Co-director of the Brazilian section of the Transfer Pricing & International Tax - Regional Brochure published by PwC, from 2004 to 2011.