Antonio Bulnes Fdez-Mazarambroz
Antonio Bulnes was named partner in the Corporate/Commercial Department in September 2007.
Until December 2013, he headed J&A Garrigues’ office in Sao Paulo (Brazil).
Since January 2014 to September 2017, Antonio has been in charge of the Firm’s México City office (Mexico).
Throughout the course of his professional career, Antonio has taken part in an array of projects in the following areas, almost all with cross-border implications:
- Recurring legal advisory services on corporate matters and commercial contracts.
- He acts as Board Secretary at various Spanish companies and subsidiaries of foreign groups.
- Advice on M&A deals. He has been involved in high-profile mergers and acquisitions and private equity projects (including secondary transactions). He has coordinated all areas of the transactions in question from a corporate standpoint, taking in everything from the legal design of the transaction to the due diligence process and the drafting and negotiation of the agreements until the closure of the transaction.
- Advice on the corporate restructuring of national and international business groups. He has also coordinated the performance of this type of deal with specialists on all of the other areas with a bearing on such processes, such as tax, labor, admin and competition law experts.
- Acquisitions of distressed companies, analyzing both the standard implications of a sale and purchase deal and the insolvency-related aspects.
Such transactions encompass a wide variety of industries, including, to name but a few:
- Energy and Infrastructure
- Shipping, Railways and Aviation
- Private Equity
Antonio has been a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1997 and Consultor em Direito Estrangeiro with the Sao Paulo Bar Association since 2011.
Degree in European Business (Swansea University/ICADE)
Degree in Law (Universidad Complutense)
First Year of a Doctorate in Commercial Law (Universidad Complutense)
General Management Program (PDG) IESE Sao Paulo