Ana Carrete Barrena
Ana Carrete Barrena is a senior associate in the Tax practice area and a member of Garrigues' Sports & Entertainment industry group.
She joined the Firm in 2005. Since then, she has advised numerous multinational companies on a broad range of tax issues. She has considerable experience, in particular, in the following fields:
- The provision to multinationals, companies and business groups from all sectors of advice on specific tax issues, ongoing tax advisory services, and assistance in relation to restructuring processes.
- The provision of advice on international tax issues to corporate groups with a presence abroad, in relation to their tax affairs both in Spain and abroad.
- The provision of tax advice in the reorganization of family groups and, generally, to family businesses and high-net-worth individuals (personal income tax, wealth tax and inheritance and gift tax).
- Advising third sector entities (not-for-profit entities, foundations, associations, etc.).
- Advising artistes, sportspeople, and sports and entertainment companies, and organizers of major sporting and cultural events. Ana forms part of the Sports & Entertainment industry group.
She regularly collaborates with various master's degree programs on Sports Taxation. She is a member of the Garrigues team responsible for the analysis, follow-up and production of tax bulletins and newsletters.
Ana is a member of the Madrid Bar Association.
Degree in Business Administration, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
She regularly contributes to specialist publications on tax matters. She is co-author of the Chapter on Spain of the book Fiscalidad internacional de los deportistas/Global guide to tax for sportspeople (Spanish/English bilingual edition) published by Thomson Reuters Aranzadi in 2010.