Álvaro Moro Martín
Álvaro Moro is a senior associate in the Administrative Law, Planning and Zoning, Environmental and Real Estate practices at Garrigues´ Offices in Bilbao and San Sebastián. He joined Garrigues in 2010.
He has extensive experience in advising private companies and public institutions:
- Advising the public and private sector (bidders) on public procurement matters, from preparation and award of the contract to contractual modification and termination with respect to all kinds of contracts (works, services, supply, public works concessions, etc.). He acts as legal counsel in special procurement appeals.
- Preparing and analyzing Real Estate reports and contracts (sale and purchase, lease, purchase options, etc. for property and land).
- Collaborating with the public authorities in matters relating to the drafting and application of statutory and regulatory provisions.
- Zoning management and enforcement.
- Acting as legal counsel in administrative proceedings, including penalty proceedings, and judicial review proceedings.
- Due diligence processes and preparing reports on various matters relating to sectoral legislation.
- Subsidies and public aids.
- Advising on all aspects relating to the different industries regulated by the authorities at all levels (central, regional and local government): roads, transportation, telecommunications, mining, water, coasts, energy, etc.
Álvaro Moro is a regular speaker at client companies and business associations on public procurement and environmental matters.
Álvaro Moro is a member of the Bizkaia Bar Association.
Law degree with specialization in economic law, Universidad de Deusto (2010).
Master’s Degree in Business Law, Centro de Estudios Garrigues in collaboration with Harvard Law School (2011).