- About the firm
- News, Insights, Events
- Join us
Garrigues is the Iberian Peninsula’s leading tax and legal services firm in terms of professional headcount and billings. We know the industry inside out and provide value added to each and every one of our clients.
Our history dates back to 1941, when brothers Joaquín and Antonio Garrigues Díaz-Cañabate founded the law firm J&A Garrigues, which went on to amass enormous prestige in the second half of the 20th century. Following the merger with Arthur Andersen, Asesores Legales y Tributarios (ALT) in 1997, the Firm took its place among Europe’s largest and most influential practices. In 2002, in the wake of the disappearance of the Andersen Worldwide network, Garrigues opted to continue as an independent concern and embarked on a new phase, marked by the business-first approach and global vision that have made the Firm the market leader.
At present, our team is made up of more than 2,000 people and offers advice the world over on the whole range of business law-related matters.
- Experience and prestige: We can boast more than seventy years at the forefront of the tax and legal services industry, playing an active role in legal and economic life.
- Independence and ethical values: Our work is governed by strict ethical principles and an in-house code of professional conduct that ensure the transparency and independence of our services.
- Technical expertise and specialization: The ongoing training of our professionals is a strategic value. We can draw on the services of experts in more than 30 practice areas and industry groups, taking in everything from traditional fields of legal practice to the latest and newest areas of the law.
- Flexibility and adaptation: Our relations with all of our clients are informed by trust and empathy. The aim is to offer a bespoke service, in keeping with the needs of each particular engagement.
- Rapid response time and anticipation: We offer full availability and the capability to always be one step ahead. We are fully aware that flexibility is the key to success.
- Knowledge management and technological resources: We have in place a knowledge management system enabling us to share necessary know-how with clients as and when required.