Garrigues is a fully-integrated international law firm. It has been present in Latin America for more than 40 years, through alliances with various firms in the region. The firm is now growing its Latin American legal practice by rolling out a network of own offices which constitutes one of the major direct presences in Latin America, with offices in Colombia, Peru, Mexico, Chile and Brazil.
Garrigues has been present in Brazil since opening its Sao Paulo office in 2011.
Garrigues operates in Sao Paulo:
- As a foreign law consultant:
- Advising Brazilian companies interested in investing outside Brazil,
- Advising and representing clients in the resolution of international disputes through both arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) methods, and
- Assisting, in collaboration with local firms, in matters requiring advice on Brazilian law.
- As a specialized tax consultant (through Garrigues Consultores Tributários) providing clients with a wide range of tax services, comprising the analysis, compliance, documentation, management and planning in the following areas:
- Corporate and Indirect taxation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International Tax
- Value chain transformation
- Transfer Pricing
- Intellectual Property and intangibles
- Private Equity
- Project Finance
- Resolution of tax disputes (administrative field)
- Taxation of individuals
- Support in litigation
Garrigues Consultores Tributários team has relevant tax experience, in Brazil and abroad, solid legal and tax academic background and focus on overcoming the client’s needs and expectations.