Royal Decree-Law 20/2012, of July 13, 2012, on Measures to Ensure Budgetary Stability and on Encouraging Competitiveness
Royal Decree-Law 20/2012, of July 13, 2012, on Measures to Ensure Budgetary Stability and on Encouraging Competitiveness was published in the Official State Gazette on July 14, 2012 and affects a considerable number of legislative provisions regulating different areas of economic activity and spanning virtually all fields of law (tax, commercial, administrative, and labor and employment law). In this newsletter, we highlight succinctly the most relevant legislative developments introduced by said Royal Decree-Law in the area of commercial law, with particular reference to the measures adopted in relation to commerce, the internationalization of enterprises, infrastructure, and the energy industry.
1. MEASURES FOR DEREGULATION IN THE RETAIL TRADE 1.1 Amendment of Commercial Opening Hours Law 1/2004, of December 21, 2004 1.2 Amendment of Retail Trade Law 7/1996, of January 15, 1996
2. MEASURES TO ENCOURAGE EXPORTS AND THE INTERNATIONALIZATION OF ENTERPRISES 2.1 Modification of Law 10/1970, of July 4, 1970 Amending the Regime Governing Export Credit Insurance 2.2 Amendment of Royal Decree-Law 4/2011, of April 8, 2011, on Urgent Measures to Stimulate Internationalization through the Creation of the Publicly-Owned Business Entity Instituto Español de Comercio Exterior (ICEX) 2.3 New internationalization covered bonds
3. REPEAL OF COMPENSATION FOR LOSS IN REVENUES OF TOLL ROAD CONCESSION-HOLDERS
4. MEASURES IN THE ENERGY INDUSTRY
5. MEASURES RELATING TO INFRASTRUCTURE, TRANSPORTATION AND HOUSING