Labour Updates 4-2013
ROYAL DECREE-LAW 5/2013, OF MARCH 15, 2013, ON MEASURES TO ENCOURAGE CONTINUITY OF THE WORKING LIFE OF OLDER WORKERS AND PROMOTE ACTIVE AGEING
This Newsletter summarizes the key components of Royal Decree-Law 5/2013, of March 15, 2013, on measures to encourage continuity of the working life of older workers and promote active ageing, published in the Official State Gazette on March 16, 2013.
The new legislation contains major amendments, both in relation to retirement pensions and economic contributions to the Public Treasury in the case of dismissals of workers aged 50 or over at companies with profits.
The royal decree-law entered into force on March 17, 2013, although the new provisions on economic contributions will be applicable to collective layoff procedures commenced on or after January 1, 2013.
1. COMBINING WORK WITH RECEIVING A CONTRIBUTORY RETIREMENT PENSION
2. RETIREMENT-RELATED AMENDMENTS
3. MODIFICATION OF PART-TIME CONTRACTS AND HAND-OVER CONTRACTS
4. AMENDMENT OF THE RULES ON THE FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE PUBLIC TREASURY IN THE CASE OF COLLECTIVE LAYOFFS
5. OTHER PROVISIONS OF INTEREST