The Business of Fashion Law Group came about in response to the demand for highly specialized legal advice spanning a number of practice areas to companies in the fashion, design and luxury industries.
Aware of the fast pace of this industry and the profound structural changes it must face, our commitment lies in offering our clients efficient and high added value solutions. This we are able to do because we know the needs of the companies we advise.
We have a multidisciplinary team of specialist lawyers in corporate and commercial, intellectual property, advertising, consumer, real estate, tax, labor and employment, litigation, administrative and e-commerce law, among others. Their common characteristic is their deep knowledge of the field and of the companies related to fashion, design and luxury.
Our clients also have the benefit of an extensive international network of offices and firms, and our commitment to excellence, trust and empathy with your needs and wishes.
- Our cutting edge lies in the placing at your service of comprehensive legal advisory services worldwide, specialized in the fashion, design and luxury industries.
- Comprehensive advice: at all stages of your business and on any tax and legal matters that may affect you.
- Worldwide advice: we have a broad network of our own offices in Spain, Portugal, Latin America and other countries, in addition to an international network of best friend firms enabling us to provide assistance anywhere in the world.
- Specialized advice: the Business of Fashion Law team knows the fashion and luxury industry inside out. Because besides being specialist lawyers and advising companies in the industry, some members of the team are also designers or creators.
What can we do for your business?
- We can help you at all stages of your business, and grow with you or help you in your expansion abroad. We have specific advisory services on start-ups, expansion abroad, finance and indebtedness, capital markets, tax planning, business transfers, the addition of new partners (business partners or private equity investors), human resources and pay structures or in-house training.
- We protect the things you most care about: your brand, your work. We understand that intellectual property rights are an essential component in the fashion business. We are not just there to register trademarks or designs, we will help you to design an overall strategy to secure the best protection and make the most of your investment.
- We will go all the way to court … if necessary. We can also help you when legal action is needed to defend your business. We have broad experience in Spanish, EU and other international lawsuits and arbitration proceedings in cases involving intellectual property, distribution agreements, licensing agreements, corporate problems and the like.
- We know that your reputation is at the heart of everything. We can work with you to help prevent and minimize reputational crises that could jeopardize the value of your brand. We have broad experience in the online and offline media, social networks, users’ generated content and customer services.
- Anytime, anywhere consumers. We can help you make the most of the practically endless e-commerce opportunities. We provide legal support for online sales platforms, advisory services on data protection, consumers and users, behavioral advertising, and the like.
- Marketing. Our role as we see it is to minimize the risk associated with more innovative and risk-taking advertising campaigns, not prohibit them. We can advise you on hiring offline advertising and online marketing, keyword advertising, street marketing and advertising promotions.
- We can help you in dealings with public authorities. Our experts can advise you for Spanish and European cases on labelling rules, the use of ”made in”, the grant of subsidies and public aid or the creation of foundations and NGOs.
- Image. We strive for maximum safety in the exploitation of image rights because we understand that they are your calling card. We are experts in drawing up and negotiating agreements with forms, ambassador contracts, sponsorship agreements, advertising campaigns, clearance of rights, etc.