Renata Mendaña Navarro is a partner in the Corporate/Commercial Department of Garrigues, where she has spent her entire professional career after a period at Arthur Andersen, Asesores Legales y Tributarios.
Renata specializes in corporate and commercial law, merger and acquisitions and other commercial restructuring transactions, involving, in particular, insurance entities and entities of the retail sector.
Throughout her professional career at Garrigues, Renata Mendaña has participated in numerous projects and is currently a legal adviser with extensive experience in the following areas, to name but a few:
- Ongoing advice in corporate and commercial matters. She is currently the secretary non-director to the board of directors of several Spanish companies (some of them subsidiaries of international groups and multinationals).
- Advice in M&A transactions. She has been involved in relevant projects related to mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and privatizations. She has coordinated all areas related to the transaction from a corporate point of view, including the legal design of the transaction, the due diligence process and the drafting and negotiations of the agreements until its full execution.
- Advice in corporate restructuring groups at national and international level, coordinating such processes with law firms from other jurisdictions in cases involving groups with an international presence. She also has coordinated the execution of these transactions with specialists from other practice areas affected by such processes, such as tax, employment, administrative or, antitrust.
- Advice in connection with incorporation of funds and financing within venture capital funds.
- Advice in legal matters related to foundations and similar not for profit entities.
Renata Mendaña has a solid and extensive experience in the insurance sector, counting with more than 16 years in this practice area. Her solid knowledge and experience in corporate and commercial law, insurance contract law, accounting law and insurance regulatory law, has permitted her to provide advice to insurance companies in restructuring and M&A transactions (sale and purchase agreements, agreements for the transfer of insurance portfolio, mergers, among others) as well as in regulatory and insurance contractual matters. She has also a broad experience in the retail sector and has participated in many of the most relevant M&A transactions in this sector of the most recent years.
Renata Mendaña is a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1991. She has been lecturer in the Business Law Master’s course organized by Centro de Estudios Garrigues and in ESADE.
She has been lecturer in the International Business Law course organized by Centro de Estudios Garrigues and Harvard Law School in 2012.
Author of the chapter “Transactions on listed shares. Sale and purchase of listed shares. Securities loans. Derivatives” (“Negocios sobre acciones cotizadas. La compraventa de acciones cotizadas. El préstamo de valores. Derivados”) of the book, “Listed Companies” (“La Sociedad Cotizada”).